Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Maiden Voyage

Well, I promised myself that I would create my first card or two by month's end....now I finally did it! I had a great time. I kept everything very simple...relied on some ready-made items to help give me confidence with color combos. My husband and daughters were my guinea pig recipients. They seemed very appreciative of their homemade cards...I was happy about that.

Here are my first little gems! The photography & detailing aren't as sharp as I would have liked, but hope you enjoy this newbie's first attempt.......





Now I realize that I should have taken a side-view picture since this is a vertical foldover card. The red area at the bottom is part of the inside of the card. I used Martha Stewart papers, embellishments and borders. The ribbon was from clearance at Michaels.






I got daring on this card. It's another foldover....is there a theme going here? I used Martha Stewart papers and embellishments. I punched a heart in the cover with a Marvy punch and placed a MS cupcake inside on foam. There is a bit of lace punching at the bottom courtesy of my MS border punches. The X and O ribbon was from a 90% off bin from last year's end-of-the-holiday sale at Michaels. I'm glad that the colors blended so well.


Last, but not least, is a matchbook folding card. I used K & Co. borders, Anna Griffin embellishemts, 10 cent/roll ribbon from Michaels and a self-cut mini mat behind the embellishment from scraps.

Well, there you have it...everyone has to start somewhere.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment